Saturday 27 May 2023

Introduction

Hi. I'm HammieRiffs and alongside this blog, I also write a music blog called This Metal Road.

This Metal Road started my writing journey but however much I love music and writing about music, the tumultuous and rapidly unfolding of events of this century has made me want to embrace the two concepts of libertate: that is, the freedom of expression and in mundo, being in the world. Thus, this blog will mostly be about ideas, politics, history, current world issues as well as a sprinkling of some personal writing. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

Hammie.






Get Punked: How Punk Offers a Systemic Pressure Release Valve

I am back from something of a sabbatical from blog writing and it is little wonder that it’s a punk album that has given me the impetus to w...